Generation Distinct began with a 20 year girl who was called by God to pursue a big dream for her generation.
"Generation Distinct is not my dream. It is God’s dream for this generation and for this world.
It all began when I looked around at my own generation and realized so many of us were settling for the mediocrity the world expects of us. I noticed so many of us were leaving the Church in masses. I realized there was so much potential for good and world change in our generation because we are passionate and we have big dreams and yet we were leaving that potential untapped and unnoticed.
I started to think, “God, someone has to do something about this!”
Someone had to tell our generation we have so much potential that must be leveraged.
Someone had to tell our generation we don’t have to wait until we are older to make a difference in the world for Your glory.
Someone had to tell our generation we don’t have to walk away from God to find our adventure.
Someone had to call our generation to something greater.
I said, “God, someone has to do this.”
He responded in that moment and said, “That’s right, Hannah. How about you?”
I almost pulled out my birth certificate to remind God how unqualified I was to start something and to carry His vision for this generation. I said, “No God you don’t understand, I’m really young. I don’t know what to do. I am not qualified. I’m young.”
But He responded back and said, “That’s kind of the point.”
If I have learned anything through the adventure of Generation Distinct it’s that God doesn’t care what your age is when He calls us to change the world…He still calls us.
And I’ve learned He doesn’t care how old we are or how young we are when He calls us to live a great story.
Before I knew it, a team was gathered and, suddenly, the dream of Generation Distinct became a reality."
- Hannah Gronowski
What is Generation Distinct?
Generation Distinct is an organization that exists to unleash a movement through inspiring and equipping the next generation to discover their passions and join the adventure of changing the world for Christ.
Generation Distinct INSPIRES and EQUIPS the next generation.
We INSPIRE the next generation to believe three things.
1) You have the potential to change the world, make a difference and pursue Christ no matter how old you are or how unqualified the world may say you are.
2) There is a wrong you were born to make right. Injustice abounds in this world, and the next generation’s passion and grit is needed. When God was creating the plan of the entire world and your name came up, what did He say you would do? It’s time for YOU to believe you have a unique purpose to change the world.
3) A Movement of redemption and renewal can be unleashed in this generation. Considered by some to be the “ME” Generation while viewed by others as the most justice-conscious and generous generation ever, even our parents, bosses and teachers can’t seem to figure us out. But, God knew this generation would be motivated to work for justice, hungry for a rallying cry, and yearning for a community to rally with. The time is now.
We are the generation to start a movement.
We EQUIP our generation to take action on those three things.
1) We create TOOLS. Our Generation wants to take action, they just don’t always know where to start. We want to eradicate that problem. Generation Distinct produces tools that any person can utilize in order to start making a difference and pursuing Christ no matter their age, place, or experience.
2. We guide you to create your own WORLD CHANGE STRATEGY.
*Stay tuned for more information on this exciting project that is in development!
3) We invite you to JOIN THE MOVEMENT. We want to be a part of something greater than ourselves. Generation Distinct gives you that opportunity. Champions are on the front lines of this movement, spreading the vision in their communities. They live out the vision and spread it everywhere they go. Find more information HERE!
How would our world change if we, the next generation, discovered the life Jesus actually invites us to live?
He calls us to risk daringly, to surrender everything, and to fight boldly for His glory and to save the lost and to change the world.
The mission He has given us in anything but boring or safe.
This is what we are longing for - A cause greater than ourselves we can actually give our lives to.
THIS is why the vision of Generation Distinct matters.
If we can inspire a Generation to believe these truths of who Jesus truly is, and if we can give them the tools to actually begin taking action, we believe our generation will be more committed to Christ and doing His work than any generation in all of History.
A few years ago, Generation Distinct was just a dream. Today, it's a growing nonprofit with a crystal clear vision. This isn't just our story. This is the story of what God is doing in our generation. We invite you to be a part of this story with us.
Meet the Staff
Founder + Director - Speaking - @hannah.gronowski
"I have a passion to do something lasting with my life. I wake up every day driven to change the world for the glory of Christ. God has called me to be an agent for change in this world and to inspire other young people so they too can discover their passions and make a difference while we are still young. We can be a Distinct Generation."
- Eating Way Too Much Popcorn
- Hiking/Rock Climbing
- Listening To Country Music
- Exploring New Places & Meeting New People
"I have gone surfing one time in my life. But in my mind...I'm a professional surfer."
Hannah is available for speaking engagements at conferences, youth groups, schools, college campuses, young adult ministries and Next Gen events of any kind. Learn more about Hannah's messages here.
Creative Director - Photography Website - @alexbryjak
I am inspired by the people around me and the stories they are living. I am an open book and believe in the power of sharing the journey God has hand picked for each of us. God has given me the ability to capture people's hearts through my lens and I am always looking for opportunities to do so.
- Chai Tea
- Peanut Butter
- My Record Player
- Dogs (particularly, my chocolate lab)
"I took Spanish for 10 years...and I still don't understand it."
Administrative Director - @faithschiller
I am called by God to call out truth I see in others. I believe that each of our unique passions, talents, and abilities prepare us to impact this world in ways no one else can. I desire to help young people realize their extraordinary potential.
-Singing In The Car
- Listening To Musicals
- Dirty Chai Tea Lattes
- Staying In My PJS All Day
"If something can be sparkly...it should be."